Treaty Investor Visa / E-2 Visa Lawyers – Bangkok, Thailand

E-2 visa is one type of non immigration visa which allows Business people from qualifying countries to work legally in the U.S. for a business in which people from their country have invested and be available for your accompanying spouse and unmarried children who are under 21 years, Spouses of E-2 visa holder may apply for work authorization. So long as your country has a trade treaty with the U.S. You may travel in and out of the U.S. or remain here continuously until your visa and status expire. Qualified treaty investors and employees will be allowed a maximum initial stay of two years. Requests for extension of stay may be granted in increments of up to two years each. There is no maximum limit to the number of extensions an E-2 nonimmigrant may be granted

To qualify to this type of visa, you must:

  • Be a citizen of a country that has an investor treaty with USA.
  • Be coming to work in the U.S. for a company you own or one that is at least 50% owned by other nationals of your home country.
  • Be either the owner or a key employee of the U.S. business.
  • You or the company must have made a substantial investment in the U.S. business.
  • The U.S. company must be a Bona Fide, Active Business, for-profit business.
  • Intend to leave the U.S. when your business here is completed.

Please call to schedule a free initial telephone consultation with an experienced immigration attorney:
Bangkok: + 66 02-107-2818
Chicago: +1 847-882-1992