US Fiance Visa Lawyers – Bangkok, Thailand

A fiancé(e) K-1visa is a common visa. The K-1visa is intended for a fiancé(e) of a US citizen to travel to the US with a purpose of getting married. The couple must marry within 90 days of the alien’s arrival. Upon marriage, T he foreign-national will then apply for an adjustment of status to become a permanent resident.

To qualify for fiancé(e) visa:

  • The petitioner must be a U.S. citizen.
  • Must marry within 90 days from entering the United States.
  • The couple must be free to marry. Any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
  • Both of you must have met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are some exceptions.
  • The relationship between you and fiancé(e) must be bona fide.

To prove such qualifications, you need to provide supporting documents such as U.S. birth certificate, Airline tickets, Photos, Phone bill, E-mail, Divorce certificate, Receipt of wedding etc.

Please note that, The K-1 visa cannot be extended beyond the 90-day period . Therefore U.S. petitioner and the alien fiancé(e) must get married within 90 days or alien fiancé(e) must leave the country .

Quick overview of the process

Step 1: File K-1 petition and required documents with the USCIS. You will receive a Notice of Action to acknowledge receipt of you petition.

Step 2: Upon approval of the petition, USCIS will send an approval notice. Y our application will then be forwarded to an Embassy or a consulate of your choosing. An online form must be completed and you need to start preparing for an interview.

Step 3: Once the US Embassy schedules an interview, the applicant will receive a checklist for the visa interview at the Embassy.

Step 4: Fiancé(e) visa applicant appears in person for the interview at the US Embassy or consulate. The applicant will receive fiancé(e) visa to enter US if a consulate officer decided the alien fiancé(e) qualified to K-1 visa. The visa must be used within six months.

Please call to schedule a free initial telephone consultation with an experienced immigration attorney:
Bangkok: + 66 02-107-2818
Chicago: +1 847-882-1992
1Visa Consulting Co., Ltd.