US Student Visa Lawyers – Bangkok, Thailand
If you want to attend a college, get bachelors or a master’s degree, or even if to enter in cooking courses in the US, you will need a student visa.
There are two types of student visas: F-1student visa for academic students and M-1student visa for vocational students. Fortunately, is there is no limit on the number of people who can receive this type of visa.
To qualify, you must:
- Have been accepted by an educational institution approved by the US government,
- Have a valid passport: at least 6-mounth before you enter The US,
- Have enough money to cover your entire course of study,
- Be a full-time bona fide student without working. There are, however, some exceptions,
- Able to speak, read, and write English well enough to understand the course work. The level will depend on your school and types of study, and
- Intend to depart from the United States upon completion of the course of study.
You must prove the above to the consulate officer at the interview.
Quick Overview of the Process: There are two (2) major steps.
First Step – The School
You must be accepted by a SEVP certified school. The school will issue a form I-20. You need it to pay SEVIS fee and go to next step.
Second Step – The Visa Process
- Application. You must submit an application, get approved, and schedule an interview at a US embassy or a consulate.
- Interview.If this is your first (initial) interview, you will be restricted to enter the US not more than 30 days prior to your report date shown on the form I-20.
What is SEVIS and SEVP?
SEVIS is the “Student and Exchange Visitor Information System”. It is an Internet based system that maintains accurate and current information on Non-Immigrant students (F & M visa).
SEVP is the “Student and Exchange Visitor Program”, is designed to help the Department of Homeland Security to better monitor school exchange programs.
Your education in the US is something you’ll never regret. We understand that each student’s needs are different.We will guide you through the process and offer you the best chance of success.
Please understand that we cannot guarantee the outcome as it totally depends on the Consular Officer at the American Embassy. We will do our best, as we have been doing for 20 years, to increase your chance to get your student visa.
Please call to schedule a free initial telephone consultation with an experienced immigration attorney:
Bangkok: + 66 02-107-2818
Chicago: +1 847-882-1992
1Visa Consulting Co., Ltd.